Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mountains Motorcycle trip May 2013-- day 1

We are on the road for 6 days in the mountains of North Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina.

At 6:45 we departed out of Ocala, me on my 2012 FJR1300 and my friend Tommy on his new 2012 Kawasaki Concourse.  The first 80+ miles were up I-75 finally we worked our way to 441 our primary road for the day.  


Our first first stop was a gas stop in Fargo, Georgia. This proved pretty interesting. After pumping my gas I was imputing an address into the GPS.   This older gentleman pulls up on his golf cart  and says..... " It a lil Irish this morning"   I said pardon me...??  He repeated - "It a little Irish"  I had a puzzled look on my face and he said a bit flustered.  " Irish ya know COLD".   Then it hit me with his south Georgia accent he was saying "Airish" as in cool fresh air".

He followed that up with those are some Motorcyles fancy... not like a the rice burners I see around here. Keep in mind both the Yamaha and Kawasaki are made in Japan.

Yes interesting stop in Fargo--- although I did not see a wood chipper anyplace thankfully


Our next stop was in Dublin GA for a quick lunch at Subway and gas stop.  This had its own light moment after pumping our gas we were chatting when I hear a muted Bang at the other end of the parking lot.  A small slightly dented sub- compact was attempting to "Bump Draft" a larger car and hit it several times.   The other version is he was helping her to get to the pumps by pushing her in a hit & miss




We picked up Sonny in Douglas Georgia



We went through some interesting towns besides Fargo we hit Homer and Homerville

443 miles later at 3:30 pm we arrived at our hotel - in Cornelia, Georgia.

Tomorrow the twisties

No comments:

Post a Comment